Monday, June 27, 2005

28 JUN 05: Call of the Wild

Well on 26 JUN O5 Sunday night we had some power issues here at the palace. No worries we will just go out and start the generators. Well once we got the lights on we noticed that we had a new member to our team.

A little brown bat that was circling the C3 admin area. Eventually the bat set up residence in one of the drapes hanging in the office. So I unofficially named him BATMAN. Honestly! What else did you think I would name him?

So we did not see him at all yesterday. He just hid out in the drapes but then again the lights are on all day in our office.

But this morning Batman decided to come out of his hiding spot and relocate to another set of drapes on the other side of the office.

During the flight he felt he needed to buzz the control tower. That control tower would be my head.

"That's a negative ghost rider the pattern is full."

Well I guess him and maverick don't like the rules anymore than I do because Batman buzzed me in flight to his new location. He relocated to the new set of drapes where I got some great pictures of him.

But later I found him floundering on the ledge of the window. He seemed alittle disoriented and lathargic. Any infantry guy will tell you that is how you get if you are to cold and have not eaten in awhile. So I scooped him up and set him out side in a poorly lite area.

He was returned to the Wild.

So you could say for a time that there were bats in the palace.

He was a really tiny little guy except for his wing spand. He was only about the size of my pet mouse when I was a kid except with even smaller eyes and even bigger ears. But he is free now; hopefully, he will come back for the holidays. It is always nice when old friends drop but unexpectedly for the holidays. Shoot I would even let him buzz the tower for old times sake. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home