Thursday, May 19, 2005

19 May 05: Toby Keith, you the man!

Okay so on the 17th Toby Keith came to on his USO of the war zone. I got to help a little in the hopes of getting a picture for my wife of the Most famous sooner from her home town. I was priviliged to be there for the release of his new song "I was good once". So I go to be back stage when he arrived. Now for those of you who saw the CMA's might of noticed that Toby was wearing his sunglass for the whole show. I know why. Here is the secret. When he arrived and got off the bus to do the show. He was tired I mean beat. I am soldier I know tired/exhaustion. He stumbled in the gravel just ever so slightly but he recovered gracefully. The conditions were hot a miserable. But man did the army show up in support.
The conditions here are far from what most Famous people are accustomed to but he was gracious and nice I never heard him complain not once. Not about the heat the accomadations. Not one word. He had already done like 6 shows in the last 2 days or something ridiculous like that. He was so tired that if I could have given him all of my energy just to continue on his tour. I done it never complained about it. Not just cause he is an Okie. Just cause he was suffering to come and entertain us soldiers serving in this war torn land. He did it all with out complaining.

The CMA guys said he needed to do two takes of that new song. He simply responded "I ain't here for them I am here for them he said motioning toward soldiers. They can get it one take. Besides they don't much like me anyway."

That man has got my support forever.

Toby Keith,

Boomer Sooner.

You the Man.

"Don't go gentle into that good night. Rage, Rage, Against the dying of the light!"
Dylan Thomas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home