Thursday, April 28, 2005

28 APR 05: Watch out Dorthory!

Well as a result to all the freaky weather that we had her in Iraq from sunday to tue. This includes lighting and thunder. I am told both things are rare for this reagion. But on Wed morning I got some intresting news.

A Tornado hit Al Sad I am guessing it was F-2/3 type scale. While that means nothing to most people. To a guy like me from Oklahoma where we sooners take the weather as seriously as a heart attack. F2/3 has some real meaning for me. I was in Ok back in may 4 1999 when the F4/5 rolled through North TX and diagonally across Ok (hitting every major city in the state) and then finally fizzled in missouri. Usually we do tornados by how many minutes, emphasis on minutes,they are on the ground not hours like in may 1999. Wow where does the time go 3 years until the 10 year anniversary on that.

So someone asked the question of how often does that happen. No one had answer cause no one knows when the last tornado touched down in this country. That is power. I beat that freaked some of the locals out.

Now I am not saying it is because of us boys from okalahoma that are out here but there are some 45th IN BDE guys here and me. I have heard some weather about us Ok guys bringing bad weather with them. Oh well. I guess the war wasn't exciting enough as it is so we need to liven it up with some random Tornado action.

Now normally I don't get worked up about a tornado that touches down on the other side of the country. But when you are in a country the size of Texas you go that is not that far away. Then when you realize you live in a trailer park.... Ask anyone in Ok and they will tell you being in a trailer park is like living in a tornado magnet. you are beggin for trouble.

Don't stop praying for rain. Once a week would be nice. A light gentle rain hold down the grass, cool things off, and help plants grow. That would be good.

I know what yo are thinking "Vick man it gets terribly muddy there when it rains." That is alright the rain prevents the insurgents from being so active.

In case you are wondering while you may not be hearing that much about Iraq in the news it is because the insurgents are failing mesirably. They are continuing to attack the locals. Not a smart way to recruit fighters.


next up Basrah Part III

"Come home with your sheild or on it!" What Roman mothers used to tell there son's and husbands when they left for war.
Good words to fight by.

Life in america is worth at least that much.

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Here along the Mississippi Gulf Coast we are getting plenty of rain today so I am blowing it your way! :) I hope it reaches you. Stay safe, Linda

1:33 PM  
Blogger Vick said...

thanks lInda we have been getting light rain once a week. keep up the good work.
vick

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home