Monday, June 27, 2005

22 JUN 05: Rocket Red Glare

Okay so if any of you are not capable of withstanding the horrible events of war then I recommend that you read no farther then these first two sentances. Rest assured that I am fine but Death stalks among us calling all home when their times comes. For he will come as a theif in the night.

So the above date was a rough night for many of us. 5 mortars fell into the sleeping areas of the Camp. I say again. I was fine and never in any danger what so ever. 4 mortars hit one of the villages and one hit my village.

There were casualties only one person was seriously wounded enough to be sent home. Everyone else is back to camp.

The sad part about it was the majority of the wounded were from one of my boxing students Company. She is the commander but thank God she was on leave when it all happenend. Again most of her soldiers are back to duty.

Okay so the rounds impacted 3 detonated in the village area. Only two trailers sustained a direct hit and only one of the two did the round actually denonate inside the trailer. The other one landed on the bed.

Thanks God is was not my trailer if a mortar or bullet or whatever messes up my sleep number bed I will be really ticked off.

Yes I am a staff pogue. I may work out hard and look hard but the only excitment we get here is an occasional mortar round or three. Usually these guys miss. So I am calling this one luck.

Once again I was in no danger mainly because they only do these attacks in the day when they can see. I was at work as I am most days durning the day light. Leaving and returning in the safety of the dark. But I still don't leave and go home the same way everyday. yup I am paranoid. But it works for me.

please don't worry about me. I do live a charmed existence.

what can I say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home