Monday, December 19, 2005

19 DEC 05: WHAT BREAKS THIS SOLDIER'S HEART

Well some of my friends that know me will tell you I don't have a heart to break. But that is not true. Sure I don't cry at the sappy movies or funerals even. Especially for servicemen when they fall. People always ask me aren't you upset. Sure I am angry. But I look at it as thes guys are enjoying their time in Heaven cause they have done their tour in HELL.

So what breaks my heart. Well being here for the holidays is rough. But I called my wife yesterday. She is visiting her family in the heartland. My little girls are with them enjoying some serious snow. My Shephard is finally happy considering he is a cold weather dog and he never gets cold weather down south. But to listen to my daughters playing in the back ground and having fun. I wished I was there. The thoughts of the stuff that I was missing was breaking my heart. But to talk to them on the phone was gut wrenching.

Not being around my family for the holidays is the roughest part of all of it.

This what takes a toll on you especially when I got leaders in my government talking about we did this all for nothing.

What a reckless statement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home