Monday, September 26, 2005

26 SEP 05: Fire

Well today was another fine example of how Saddam got robbed. There was an electical fire in the palace. So we did the whole fire drill thing. The ironic part is that the fire alarm system has a short in it and goes off like everyday around the same time. So those of us who work in the palace have all become desensitized to it. So they had to send people around to tell all non essential personnel to evacuate the palace.

No I did not evacutate. I guess I am considered essential personnel. Shucks.
So after some time and the smell of an electrical fire smoke wafting through the palace they finally called everyone back in.

Now for the really funny part. An hour later at about lunch I was heading for lunch I exited the palace and heard the fire alarm go off. That is so army. We routinely take something that works fine and fix it until it is broken. So I got a good laugh.

Well life her in Iraq still sucks but at least it is finally starting to get a little cooler. Which means it is not 90 degrees by 0700 hours. It is almost 80. The overall temp still gets to 100. But man does 100 feel great compared to 128.
So as Usualy I remain.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vick said...

No sweater yet. I have plenty of stuff and I would look silly when it is 100 degerees outside in a sweater.

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home