Wednesday, September 14, 2005

14 SEP 05: Holding my breath

So as many of you know I have run into several problems putting on this boxing event. So the lastest update is this. The 20th Engineers and CPT Ojeda and his boys have created a ring that will survive any mortar attack on the post. Solid construction.

But as of yesterday the truck with the rest of the ring parts was supposed to leave Al Asad yesterday morning. The report I recieved yesterday morning was that the truck with the ring did not make it here like it was supposed to. Okay is everyone as ready to throw in the towel as I am. But again I have been holding on to a small glimmer of hope that some how the ring would arrive.

Why do you ask? Why would I hold on to faith inspite of it all. Simple cause I am a fighter. I have been behind in a fight before. Some of you that watch boxing have seen what I am talking about. You see the guy getting pounded for the first 9 rounds of a fight. He goes back to his corner takes a seat and sits down. His trainer says "man the only way to win this is for you to Knock him Out! So go out there and knock this mutha out."

Then the fighter goes back into the fight and for the first minute or so you see him still taking a pounding. Then something remarkable happens the fighter getting pounded finds some little happy place in his mind where no pain exists and he just starts fighting like his life depends on it. Then Wham! Just like that the other fighter goes down from some hook or over hand that he never saw and does not get back up.

Don't believe me? Watch Ali vs Foreman The rumble in the jungle.

So I learned along time ago the fights don't always go to the better fighter sometimes they just go to the fighter who just keeps fighting.

When all things are equal the fighter with the most heart wins.

So I am waiting. The ring will arrive on time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home