Tuesday, August 30, 2005

30 AUG 05: The fights that might not go

Well after going to the western LSA over on Camp liberty. I got a double whammy. I finally got a good understanding how big the Camp Victory Foward Operating Base really is. It must be huge. I mean honestly you see it on the map all the time but until you start driving it then you just really don't have an accurate idea.

Okay so we go over there to look at the ring. It is the best makeshift boxing ring I have seen since I got here to Iraq. However, It is still not safe enough. So now we are looking at post poning the fights a week so we can have a better ring constructed. What a pain this is becoming. All I wanted to do was put on a little event for the soldiers and it has been one hurrdle after the next. But hey if was easy everyone would do it. So I will just keep chugging along until I make it happen. Which I hope is before october when most of my fighters leave.

"every body fights nobody quits!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home