Tuesday, March 15, 2005

15 Mar 05

All ready has a busy day today.
Every monday, wensday and saturday nights I teach boxing to anyone who want so learn here on Camp victory south. But that is a story for another time.
So this moring. SGT Gardella and I loaded up a MAJ prouty to take him home to BIAP. We were dropping MAJ Prouty off at BIAP so he could get a ride down to Ali Al Saleem. Once he gets to Ali Al Saleem MAJ Prouty will catch his freedom bird back to the USA.

That was a good trip we learned an alternate route to get to BIAP. Picked up my buddy CPT Lively. We came back to the palace so Lively could take care of some personal buisness.

It is nice to have CPT Lively back. The two of us started this little adventure together way back when the adance party came in back in mid January. We spent the rest of the day showing him how things have changed since he was gone. Not to mention commiserating about life in the war zone in general.

Later that night I went to do my own private boxing work out. That is always nice to be able to work up a good sweat and relieve some fustration by punching something. Standard work out focusing on Jab Cross Hook and body hooks.

Most people will begin to see a trend in these postings. Life in the war zone I compare to the way Malcolm X explains his prison stint. It is the boredom that gets to you. Like here we spend most of our lives in total boredom punctuated by moments of sheer terror and chaos. Not that I have had any of those anymore. Especially after afghanistan where mortars flew over heads all the time. So i do alot of the same things everyday. For instance I lift six days a week. I also get up and run very early in the morning three times a week and on the alternate nights I do my own boxing workouts. The nights of the days that I run I usually coach the boxing class here at camp victory south. That occurs 3 nights a week monday, wednesday, saturday.

My excitment so far is going the wrong way and ending up outside the fence line in Baghdad proper. But that was really nothing to get worked up about. But as I said earlier that we found an alternate route to BIAP.

Well last week it rained for 4 straight days here. So every thing is flooded still and if it is not it is very muddy. We refer to as the tar pit because the mud is so sticky that it sticks to everything and gets on everything. So everything is very dirty.

Well hope all of you are doing well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home